Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yup, I did it

I don't believe I'm actually doing this, but I suppose I will give it a try and see how it goes. I am a lousy friend by my own admission, but I hope I am a better blogger. I rarely call and almost never respond to emails, so I thought my friends and family could keep up with us better if I started a blog. It remains to be seen whether I will remember to call or email to let them know about the blog.

I have often thought to myself how blessed I am to have been born into my family, but it always strikes me that we don't get to choose the circumstances into which we are born. There are many fortunate people in this world and many unfortunate. Often I wonder, 'what did I do to deserve to be one of the fortunate ones?'. Maybe it's a matter of perspective. I don't know, but I was having this same thought the night I titled the blog. I am sure there are much better blog names out there, but this one works for me. I suppose you could say it's a recurring thought for me.

So what makes me think I'm fortunate? the simple stuff. . .
I was born into a loving family, and we always had food to eat and clothes to wear. As far as I was concerned, money was not an issue, so that was all I needed to know. I got to do all the normal "kid stuff" and was fortunate to grow up with 2 siblings.
I met my husband, James, in high school, and we got married ten years later. We had an amazing wedding and honeymoon.

We have since had a baby boy, Jameson, or 'JJ' as he likes to call himself. He is my pride and joy. He changed my life forever the day he was born, and every day he is in my life, he makes it that much better. . . . and if that doesn't seem like enough, we are now waiting on baby number 2 & 3 - yup, twins! Double the work, double the worry, but mostly, double the love.


In my mind, there is no better life than one filled with love, so I guess I like to think that there is no one more fortunate.

1 comment:

Chatter said...

Woohoo! Your very own blog. Welcome to the blog world. It looks great! Love the first post :)