Sunday, November 4, 2007

In the Hospital . . . STILL

I finally got some internet access, and I'm working on my 5th night in the hospital. I can't imagine having to stay another 2 weeks, so I am crossing my fingers that they will discharge me tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath, but I am hoping I get to go home and see my boys. Every day I am gone, I feel like I miss out on so much.



Thanks to his dad, JJ seems to be doing just fine. It's times like this that I am really thankful I (and JJ) have James. Keep it up, dad! You're doing great!



The babies move constantly now, and it is TIGHT in there! It is still amazing to me how a woman's body can accommodate a baby (or more). Based on our last ultrasound, the babies are now over 4 lbs. each - good size for 32 weeks. We were told they grow about 4 oz. a week at this point, so they might just be 6 or more pounds by the time they are born. Today marked the end of 33 weeks, and I feel fairly confident that they'll make it to at least 35 weeks. Obviously my doctor is a bit more apprehensive, otherwise I would be in my own bed right now.



At this point, I am just killing some time here. They have me on a uterine monitor, and that's pretty much it at this point. I was originally on an IV & taking some other medication, but they agreed to take me off since I seem to have stabilized. More later. . .

No comments: