Tuesday, November 6, 2007

FREEDOM!

They discharged me from the hospital today, and I am ecstatic to be home. I cannot imagine what some of those women that are in there for months go through. It's hard to see your family and have to stay behind. I think if I would have had to stay there for another week, I would gone into a depression. It's strange the effect that the isolation has on your mental state.


I'm at 33 weeks and 2 days, and they would like me to get to 34 weeks at least. I think I will probably make it to 35 or 36, but I would be surprised to make it much further than that. My birthdate prediction is November 30th. Time will tell, but their arrival is fast approaching.

As of our last ultrasound, both babies were vertex (or head down), so my hopes of avoiding a c-section look reasonably good. Both babies have been doing great on their non-stress tests, so I am confident that they are healthy. I think my uterus is just being stretched to capacity, which is likely why I am having contractions.

JJ seems happy to have me home. Today he me, "Momma no go back to the hopital". It made me both sad and happy, but mostly happy to know he was glad I was back. I told him that I would go back to the hospital when the babies were ready but that I would send dad back to stay with him. I'm going to be relying on everyone else to help both me and JJ. It's a hard thing for me to do, but I promised I would stay on bed rest.

I guess we're on the homestretch now, so I just have to make it a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Chatter said...

That is awesome news Julie!! Welcome home and sending "stay put" vibes to those babies!

Anonymous said...

I am sure home is way more comfortable than the hospital. I'll be thinking of you and the twins over the next couple of weeks.